1) I'm joining my first ever blog hop!
2) I was nominated for my first ever award!
is hosting a
So, let's see, I need to tell you:
What state I live in...
1. I live in the good 'ole Volunteer State of Tennessee.
...my current teaching position
2. I teach first grade and I love it!
...my teaching experience
3. I taught 7th grade Language Arts (Reading & Writing) & Social Studies for 3 years. Then I bumped down to 4th grade for two years. Finally, I scooted on down to 1st grade where I've been for 7 years. I've also been the Curriculum and Instructional coach for K-4 in my building for 4 years.
...when I started blogging
4. I started a family blog in 2011 after number 3 (known here as The Boss) was born. I didn't start my teacher blog though until...hmm...the last week of June. So that would be about 4 weeks ago. Yeah, a newbie!
...and share a blogging tip / blogging resource.
5. When I set up my blog, I stumbled upon the FREE blog templates and backgrounds of Leelou Blogs, Shabby Blogs, and The Cutest Blog on the Block. Between the tutorials and free material the find was a lifesaver in setting up this blog and dressing up my family blog. If you are thinking of starting a blog, check them out!
Now for my second exciting thing. I've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks goes to Scrappy Teaching in FL for this nomination (and the above Newbie Blog Hop where she found me).
Now it my turn to nominate!
Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Include a link to their site.
- Include the award image in your post.
- Give 7 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 - 10 other bloggers, include their link, and let them know.
All right, I can check off the top 3. Now to tackle the #4 and #5.
7 Random Facts About Me
- I'm the oldest of ten. Yes, I have nine siblings and they are all crazy enough to be interesting. Imagine the get togethers!
- I adore Science Fiction/Fantasy. One of my favorite series is Firefly. Heard of it?
- One of my favorite authors is Jane Austen, and one of my favorite books is Stardust by Neil Gamian.
- I'm married to a dairy farmer. No, I don't milk the cows. There is a guy for that. Yes, I have had plans rearranged because of cows that decided to go for a walkabout or augers that decide to break.
- I like to write and have been working on a story for...let's just say a long time. I squeeze in time between teaching, blogging, children, home, etc. Yeah...
- My husband was the fire under my tooshy to get me blogging. He is a social media nut (yeah, and a farmer...odd combo). He has two blogs Silo Skies and The Udder Side.
- I loved to act when I was younger and had dreams of becoming an actress. I told my parents that I was going to graduate high school and move to NYC. My brother ended up in NYC and I ended up on a dairy farm, but I put on the best show for ten months every year...six and seven year olds love it!!
Now for my nominations...